Thursday, August 14, 2008

Worth the wait

Things that have been a long time coming in my life:

* balance
* looking in the mirror and quite liking what I see
* a possibly perfect pair of checked trousers (not tragically hip, not weirdly golf)
* ranunculas

I planted ranunculas four years ago and they were lost to the dogs' digging. Three year ago they just disappeared on the watch of our very funky house sitter - I planted them but they never emerged (two passionfruit vines also went missing - she has no green thumb at all, it seems - and our dog was killed; but she's a lovely, lovely girl). Two years ago the free ranging chooks scratched the shoots away. Last year, it was a free ranging Lu. But this year, caloo callay, I have ranunculas. And they are lovely, like a stripped down peony.


They are easy to grow (when dogs, house sitters, chooks and kids permit) but just so glamorous and gorgeous I can't help but think that really, I am quite the backyard goddess. I shall have to life my game, sartorially speaking: bum cracks and daggy blue jeans are most inappropriate in this company ...

6 comments:

Penni Russon said...

Beuaitful. I love it when things grow!

Feel free to post a picture of the perfect checked pants too.

Angie said...

I'm commenting here because I can't seem to comment on the above post. Enjoy your break, enjoy your babies, enjoy your rhubarb. I look forward to those blog words finding there way back here again.

D said...

hi kris,
i popped your blog on my blogroll.
seems that there is some reading there that i'd like to glide over.
i hope that's ok with you.

thanks,
daniela

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Anonymous said...

i think you add more info about it.